Policy on personal data and cookies
Policy on personal data and cookies
Latest update on: 17.01.2018
- Personal data
In connection with your registration as Rethinker with the VisitAarhus Foundation’s (‘VisitAarhus’) volunteer programme and/or by update of your profile, you have the opportunity to disclose various personal data to VisitAarhus.
Depending on your entries, the data in question may include the following:
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Size of clothing
In certain cases, VisitAarhus will process more sensitive personal data about you. This will however only take place in case you choose yourself to enter such information in the comment box of your profile, and thus, VisitAarhus will not request you to enter any information other than the information listed above. Due to this possibility, your entries may result in VisitAarhus processing the following types of data if entered by you:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs
- Trade union membership
- Data concerning health (medical information)
Your personal data is protected by laws currently in force, including applicable provisions on processing of personal pata.
- Data controller and data processors
The data controller is the VisitAarhus Foundation, Hack Kampmanns Plads 2, 3, 8, DK-8000 Aarhus C (company registration no. 17579339). As data controller, the VisitAarhus Foundation is responsible for the collection, safekeeping and processing of your data in accordance with the current Danish legislation on processing of personal data.
VisitAarhus´ data processors shall treat the processing (handling) of personal data as if the VisitAarhus Foundation was in charge of the processing in accordance with the data processing agreement entered into with the data processor(s). Like the agreement with the (external) data processor, VisitAarhus´ data processors are also governed by duty of confidentiality. The following data processors are involved in processing data on behalf of the VisitAarhus Foundation:
- Novicell, Søren Nymarks Vej 6, DK-8270 Højbjerg, Denmark (company registration no. 20297743)
- Mailchimp, The Rocket Science Group LLC, 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308 USA (only re. ordinary non-sensitive personal data).
- Purpose of the data collection
The purposes of the data collection are:
- planning and coordination of activities and tasks of the volunteers in connection with VisitAarhus´ own projects,
- allocation of volunteers to projects supported by VisitAarhus with the purpose of having volunteers performing volunteer tasks for these projects and to a limited extent transmission of contact information such as name, e-mail address and phone number to the external project owners,
- VisitAarhus´ internal monitoring of the effects, including with the purpose of publicising such information in anonymized from on VisitAarhus´ website and social media as well as for anonymized reporting to VisitAarhus´ stakeholders,
- issuing of newsletters and mails with volunteer task offers, and
- legal compliance.
VisitAarhus only processes personal data necessary and relevant in relation to the purposes defined above, and we control on a continual basis that the processed personal data are not erroneous or misleading.
Personal data will be deleted by VisitAarhus when they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes constituting the basis for the collection of the data.
4.1 What is a cookie?
Cookies are used by almost all websites. In some cases, cookies are the only way to make a website work as intended.
A cookie is a file which is placed in your computer or other IT equipment. It makes it possible to recognise your computer and gather information about what sites and functions are visited by your browser.
Cookies cannot see who you are, what your name is, where you live or if the computer is used by one or more person. They can also not spread computer viruses or other harmful programs.
4.2 Cookies for distribution of newsletters
4.3 Decline or delete cookies
You can always decline or delete cookies on your computer via the settings in your browser. Where you can find the settings depends on which browser you are using. Be aware that the website cannot remember the selections that you make if you decline cookies.
- Rights for you as a registered
The Danish Act on Processing of Data grants you the following rights as a registered:
- The right to be informed about the collection/processing of information for use in electronic data processing (§§ 28 and 29) as complied with by this policy
- The right to require insight into data processed electronically (§ 31)
- The right to oppose against data being processed electronically (§ 35)
- The right to require correction, deletion or blocking of information that are erroneous, misleading or in other way is processed in violation of the law (§ 37)
You can read more about the Danish Act on Processing of Data on www.datatilsynet.dk, hereunder by contacting the Danish Data Protection Agency directly.
You can make complaints about the processing of your personal data to:
The Danish Data Proctection Agency
DK-1300 København K
Phone.: 33 19 32 00
Fax: 33 19 32 18
- Contact persons at the VisitAarhus Foundation
Head of Administartion
Phone: +45 8731 5006